Maumturks Walking Club
Walking with a group
Important rules and tips for all walkers
Before the walk
Arrive at the assembly point in good time as cars will depart promptly at the time stated in the programme.
Car pooling will be arranged by the walks leader at the assembly point, and cars and their passengers will return to the assembly point after the walk.
The leader can usually give an approximate finish time in advance to those who may be concerned about other engagements later that day, however participants cannot leave a walk before its conclusion in order to undertake other personal engagements.
During the walk
- Inform the leader if you find the pace too brisk or you notice another member of the party in discomfort or difficulties.
- Attend to any foot problems at the first signs and advise the leader.
- Never leave the party, even briefly, without informing the leader.
- Exercise care when crossing fences, gates and walls, repair any damage done by crossing
- If gates cannot be opened, they should be crossed on the hinged side and they should be left as they were before the party arrived, i.e. open or closed.
- Take all rubbish home with you.
- Note the route being followed on a map, as this will greatly increase your ability to read maps and add interest to the walk.
- Mobile phones should be switched off during the walk.
- Passengers are required to make a contribution towards the driver’s transport costs.