What to bring
Maumturks Walking Club
What to bring on a walk
A check list of important equipment and supplies that will help keep you safe and comfortable while you walk
1. Leather boots suitable for boggy conditions – trainers will not suffice
2. Waterproof rain coat and over-trousers, gaiters optional
3. Warm clothes, gloves and hat – denim is not suitable
4. Bring change of clothes to be left in car at start of walk
6. Food for lunch, including a hot drink
6. Good supply of liquids, not in glass bottles
7. Emergency ration, e.g. chocolate bars
8. Map and compass
9. Survival bag
11. Basic First Aid items such as, Compeed plasters, insect repellent, sun cream antiseptic wipes, plasters, triangular bandage, crepe bandage
12. Torch – check the battery!
The club provides training sessions on demand – always ask for advice from walk leaders if you’re uncertain about provisions or equipment.